Sunday, April 5, 2009

Things I Love About Chicago

Chicago is a city of love and hate. The weather for instance. I mean, in the summer the beaches and the lakefront make you want to call in sick that day at work. And you do only to find your boss at the beach that day too. Summers are the best, best time in Chicago. The winter - oh no!!!! Winds so strong, a little person like me needs to hold on tight to somebody or I could be blown into the street!

Anyway, spring is coming soon and people are coming out again in, crowding the sidewalks and enjoying the sights, architecture, sounds and the beauty of Chicago in bloom.

I will include photographs that capture the essence of Chicago, what makes Chicago so special! Do you love architecture and art. Well I sure in the heck do, a lot. Chicago is full of new art, the Millenium Park, new Skyscrapers - thank you Mr. Trump and good old Buckingham Fountain is up and running again.

Below is Flamingo by Alexander Calder, standing 53 feet tall in front of the Federal Building since 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment